McLaren MSO HS
The HS (which stands for High Sport) was an exclusive offering by MSO (McLaren’s ‘Special Operations’ division) based on 675LT Coupe chassis and powertrain, but with raised power and matching software upgrades, raised rear wing with active airbrake and aero button functionality inspired by the P1 GTR’s, but it’s not fixed. Just like the other Super Series cars, it can pop up to become an airbrake, but also flutters around electronically to change the aerodynamic profile of the car on road and track.
Using McLaren’s 3.8-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine, MSO has seen the 675LT’s engine upgraded to a Blueprinted engine with hand ported heads producing 688PS.
Compared to the 675LT, there are significant changes to the aero work and body panels. There’s also a lot of carbon fibre. The lightweight material is used for the new front bumper and splitter as well as dive planes on the front-end plates to balance the increased downforce – unique to the HS. The bonnet and roof (which incorporates a new snorkel with sculpted interior carbon fibre induction plenum). More carbon fibre is used along the HS-stamped side skirts, side intake, rear diffuser and engine bay.
Weight saving was a major concern for the HS. The windscreen glass is the lightest McLaren could find, the engine cover polycarbonate, the exhaust is forged titanium while the P1’s gorgeous carbon fibre seats have been fitted.
Inside, the air con controls have moved from the doors to the centre console to save more weight, while the rest of the cabin is decked out in satin carbon fibre. Four-point harness points and a full McLaren Track Telemetry (MTT) package. The MTT system is displayed via the central screen and gives real-time lap times, splits, and data. There three interior cameras work in conjunction with the data logging system for telemetry style analysis.
Only 25 MSO HS cars were made and were all sold for an undisclosed sum. However, because it’s an MSO project, no car is the same.
Chassis no. 21 is a genuine UK supplied car through the official McLaren Special Operations, only x1 owner from new, first registered 20/9/16, and having only covered a total of 64miles.
Finished in MSO bespoke exterior paint to sample Blu Alfa and leather & alcantara interior, Midnight Blue.
- MSO bespoke combination seat materials – leather outer & alcantara inner
- MSO bespoke contrast coloured stitch on seats, headrest outer, headrest inner and bolster inner and outer
- MSO bespoke contrast coloured stitch in areas; fascia, armrest and door cards
- Double hump harness bar with 6-point race harnesses
- All exterior carbon fibre in gloss finish
- Body coloured carbon fibre louvered front wings
- 10 spoke super lightweight wheels
- Bespoke MSO HS badging to side blades and engine plenum
- Carbon fibre sill covers with MSO HS branding in white
- MSO HS light blue embroidered onto headrests
- MSO bespoke Blu Alfa exterior paint
- White pinstriping - MSO airbrush work, finished under the lacquer to front splitter, side blades and diffuser.
- MSO painting – white painted dive planes and rear wing centre plane (end plates in body colour)
- MSO defined carbon fibre mirror arms
- MSO defined carbon fibre sill tops
- Chassis numbered dedication plate
- MSO F1 style sequential gear shift lights in dash binnacle
- MSO Satin black switches and air vents/bezels.
- MSO HS logo on dashboard and vehicle firmware
- Bespoke engine calibration – 688PS
- Telemetry system
- Carbon fibre wheel arches
- Stealth badges
- Soft close doors
- Silver brake calipers with Black Logo’s
- Front and rear parking sensors with rear view camera
- volumetric alarm upgrade
- Vehicle lift
- Climate control – dual zone
- Warning triangle and first aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Stealth wheels – gloss finish
- Vehicle tracking system
- Blue floor mats (No Branding)
1 of 25 units worldwide. These were an invitational purchase only to clients with P1 and F1.
1 of 6 UK supplied cars, with x5 remaining in UK.
NONE have ever come to market as far as we know.
For further information or to arrange an appointment to view the vehicle please do not hesitate to contact us.